We are passionate about #DoingBusinessBetter
#DoingBusinessBetter is an umbrella hashtag we use to highlight good work in the corporate world. We share ways in which Black Country businesses can ensure their work has a positive impact on local people, jobs and communities.
Under #DoingBusinessBetter, the topics we are committed to keep talking about include:
Community wealth building
- Striving for inclusive economic growth, especially in relation to regeneration in Sandwell
- Promoting responsible procurement, social value and corporate social responsibility
- Highlighting that the ‘right thing to do’ is often good for business too.
Climate resilience and care for the environment
- Sharing environmental good practice in business, with the recognition that climate change is the biggest emergency faced by everyone.
Read our feature for Earth Day 2023:
Earth Day and every day: five ways your Sandwell business can invest in our planet.
Equity, diversion and inclusion
- Challenging unfairness, prejudice and discrimination at all levels
- Keeping the Black Lives Matter and anti-racist agendas prominent
- Highlighting continued gender inequality and other forms of social inequity
- Taking a stand against modern slavery
- Celebrating businesses that seek to raise people up.
Read our feature for International Women’s Day 2023:
Equality versus equity
Positive mental health
- Making it normal in every Sandwell workplace for people to talk about anxiety, stress and depression
- Sharing ways that businesses can help their employees.
- Addressing gaps in skills in Sandwell by encouraging local businesses to take on apprentices, give work experience and take part in schools engagement.
Talk to us about #DoingBusinessBetter
Is there a #DoingBusinessBetter issue you’d like the Ambassadors to raise with the council, or share with our local business community? Tell us.