Help to Grow: management course for small businesses28th February 2023
Get help to grow!
The UK government in partnership with the Small Business Charter has developed a leadership course to boost business performance. They are inviting small business leaders across Sandwell to take part.
The Help to Grow: Management course aims to boost performance and resilience. Designed by entrepreneurs and industry experts from the UK’s leading business schools, it helps small business leaders and senior managers from every industry to improve their leadership skills.
The course lasts twelve weeks and covers the critical components required to develop a resilient business strategy. It includes online and face-to-face sessions, one-to-one mentoring, peer networking and support to develop a growth action plan. Ninety per cent funded by the government, the course costs £750 per person.
Invest in your leadership
The course offers Sandwell business owners an opportunity to invest in their leadership and equip them with the knowledge and confidence to take their business to the next level. It covers topics such as:
- Developing leadership skills across all areas of business including strategic planning, employee engagement, vision and values, finance, and marketing
- Developing strategies for market segmentation, positioning and targeting to streamline the marketing approach
- Gaining exclusive access to a regional peer network to share practical challenges, ideas, and experiences
- Working with a mentor to develop a growth action plan tailored to your business and its unique journey
- Learning how to engage your employees on the business journey and plan the future structure of the organisation
- Identifying new technologies and digital approaches to enhance innovation and productivity across your business
- Improving operational efficiency to save time and money.
To be eligible for the course a business must employ between five and 249 people, and have been operational for at least a year. SMEs employing ten or more people can enrol two senior managers on the course.
The course is delivered by multiple Small Business Charter accredited business schools in the West Midlands. More information, including course dates, is available on the Small Business Charter website.