BMA – Time Management/Assertiveness
Distractions! Demands! Phone calls! Meetings! Email! Work! Family!
We often wish we had more time.
What are the factors that prevent you from getting things done?
What/who are you giving away your time to?
Whilst we canâ€™t increase the hours in the day, we can learn to manage our time more effectively. Effective delegation and prioritising, assertiveness and saying No are skills we can learn and practice.
This workshop will help you think about your time challenges, identify the time stealers and, with some top tips, develop the skills to get greater control over your time.
Ever wished you had spoken up but didnâ€™t? Worried about the impact on your career? Do you avoid confrontation? We all face situations when we find it difficult to state our opinions and needs. Does one personâ€™s assertive behaviour appear to others as being demanding or aggressive?
This workshop will explore those situations in the workplace where we may struggle to state our thoughts and wonder how best to put across our views.
Let us support you to practice in a safe environment, understand how to be assertive and how to say no without feeling guilty.
This session will help you to:
- Understand the difference between assertive, non-assertive and aggressive behaviour
- Understand more about yourself and how your emotions impact on your ability to be assertive
- Know how to structure responses when dealing with difficult situations
- Have discussed how organisations can support assertive behaviour and not reward non-assertive or aggressive behaviour, and thought about your own role in rewarding and encouraging assertive behaviour from others
- Improve your wellbeing by not keeping issues bottled-up