Inspiring the Black Country: exhibit at this career and skills event11th April 2022
The Black Country Skills Factory and the Black Country Careers Hub have teamed up to hold an interactive careers and skills event for young people in the Black Country, on Wednesday 29 June.
They are inviting local employers to exhibit at the ‘Inspiring the Black Country’ event to provide engaging, hands-on activities that will inspire young people and give them a real insight into the world of work.
The event will give businesses the opportunity to showcase their industries and meet young people who are keen to learn more about opportunities in our region. There will also be opportunities to network with like-minded people from businesses in the area.
The aim of Inspiring the Black Country is to:
• Inspire young people to make informed decisions about their future subject selection and how subjects relate to the workplace and ‘real’ roles within business
• Provide an insight into the world of work, enabling young people to engage with local employers through industry related tasks and hands-on interactive activities that simulate real roles
• Engage young people in activities that will help them understand the skills and qualities needed for particular roles
• Inform young people and teachers of roles, technologies and local innovation they didn’t know about, discovering potential new interests
• Enable employers to provide activities and show innovation that demystify certain sectors and roles.
The event is taking place on Wednesday 29 June, from 9am to 5.30pm at Wolverhampton Racecourse. The venue will be divided into the following zones:
1) Creative zone
2) Technical zone
3) Practical zone.
The event organisers aim to attract young people from secondary schools and other organisations from across the region that support young people into employment, training or further education.
Each school or organisation will have a two-hour time slot to explore activities in all zones; an equal amount of time will be spent in each zone.
If you would like to exhibit your business to inspire the next generation, demystify your sector or raise awareness of new roles or technologies, register your interest by completing this registration form and emailing it to email@example.com by Monday 9 May.